Local Food Systems Response to COVID
The COVID-19 pandemic and associated public health and social distancing mandates caused unprecedented shifts and disruptions for Local and Regional Food Systems (LRFS). Impacts on farm enterprises, value chain stakeholders, market channels, and food system infrastructure are both vast and varied, and require rapid adaptation by all involved. The pandemic has also brought new and heightened attention to our food system, and LRFS may be positioned to significantly increase the scope and scale of their market reach as a result.View Resource Hub
Additional ResourcesFamily Food and Fun at Home
Food Safety Resources for Download
- Produce Farms and Packinghouses
- Is Coronavirus a Concern for Fresh Produce?
- Is Coronavirus an Issue in Produce Production?
- FAQ for Community Gardens
- COVID-19 and Farm Stands
- FAQ for U-Pick Farms
- FAQ for Farmers Markets
- Is Coronavirus a Concern at Grocery Stores?
- Shopping and Handling Groceries
- Is Coronavirus a Concern with Takeout?
- COVID-19 and Food Safety FAQ
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection
Exploring Online Marketing Platforms
for Produce Growers Video Series
Join Katie Kreuser as she chats with Mariel Barerras from Barerras Family Farm about the use of the Barn2Door marketing platform.
Join Ben McShane-Jewell as he chats with Luke Bogus about the BRIM app.
Square and Weebly
Join Ben McShane-Jewell as he chats with Kirstin Bailey from Fox Run Farms about the using Square and Weebly marketing platforms.
Join Katie King as she chats with Katie Jantzen from West End Farm about using Squarespace as a marketing platform.